LOS ANGELES (April 6, 2022) – SQUARE ENIX® today released the April version update for FINAL FANTASY® XI Online, which welcomes an exciting new story quest to the ongoing series, The Voracious Resurgence.
The April version update features the following campaigns and in-game content additions:
- The Voracious Resurgence – Chapter 7, Part 2 of the latest story will have players traverse the lands and seek out the memories of those who have come before.
- New Foes in Ambuscade – This month’s Ambuscade Battle updates include the return of Quadav and the appearance of beasts.
- April Login Campaign – From April 11 at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) to May 9 at 7:00 a.m. (PDT), players can receive various rewards by logging in each day and collecting points to exchange for prizes, with April’s campaign featuring the return of the Feline Hagoita, Besigiled Table and Byakko mount.
Full details for the April version update can be found here: https://sqex.to/X4FGk
In a four-part interview, Masato Kato discusses how he introduces stories into FINAL FANTASY XI Online and shares his history leading up to his role at SQUARE ENIX as well as the projects he’s worked on while at the company, including FINAL FANTASY XI Online, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. Additionally, in the first of a four-part interview, Yosuke Matsuda discusses how he entered the gaming industry. Find the latest updates to the series below:
- WE DISCUSS VANA’DIEL #8 – Masato Kato Part 1
- WE DISCUSS VANA’DIEL #8 – Masato Kato Part 2
- WE DISCUSS VANA’DIEL #8 – Masato Kato Part 3
- WE DISCUSS VANA’DIEL #8 – Masato Kato Part 4
- WE DISCUSS VANA’DIEL #9 – Yosuke Matsuda Part 1
Readers can also view past developer interviews, including talks with game industry legends Koichi Ishii & Yoshitaka Amano and Tetsuya Nomura, at: https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/
FINAL FANTASY XI Online is an online multiplayer RPG that challenges players to journey through the world of Vana’diel® — a world of fantasy, adventure, and exploration. Heed the call and join players from around the world to become the hero that Vana’diel needs. Discover new creatures, pioneer wild lands, and conquer quests on your daring journey.
FINAL FANTASY XI Online is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
Official Website: https://press.na.square-enix.com/
Official FINAL FANTASY XI Website: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXI/
Official Twitter: @FFXI_EN
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 164 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.