TORONTO, NOVEMBER 13th, 2021 - Adam Robinson-Yu has announced as part of today’s Wholesome Games showcase that A Short Hike, IGF’s 2020 Seumas McNally Grand Prize winner for Best Independent Game, will be arriving on PlayStation®4 and Xbox on November 16th for $7.99 USD. For the first time, players on PS4™ Pro, PS5™, Xbox One X and Series S|X, can experience A Short Hike’s crisp pixels in 4K!
A Short Hike currently has an Overwhelmingly Positive on Steam, sitting at 99% positive reviews of almost 7000 reviews.
Request a review code!
The game takes around 1 to 2 hours to complete and around 4 to 5 to complete all the achievements/trophies.
- Explore the island any way you like. Choose your own path to follow and see where it leads you. You never know what you might stumble into!
- Hike at your own pace — there’s no need to rush to the summit! Take your time fishing along the river banks or swimming by the lakeshore.
- Collect hidden treasures to reach new heights. Try taking a dive off the mountain peaks to soar above the forests.
- Chat with the other hikers you meet along your route. You might be able to help each other out!
- Listen to a lush original soundtrack by Mark Sparling that progresses dynamically as you explore the wilderness.
A Short Hike was developed by Adam Robinson-Yu with music composed by Mark Sparling. It first released as the Humble Original for the month of April 2019 with a full release coming out in July of that year on PC, and a Nintendo Switch version in August 2020.
For more information on A Short Hike, visit https://ashorthike.com/.
Find it on Steam: https://s.team/a/1055540/
Find it on PlayStation: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/a-short-hike/