Today's Gamasutra round-up includes news of confirmation by Rockstar Games of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
for the PSP, a new senior vice president of operations for Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment, and Nintendo's first-party Q4 lineup for the Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS, as well as the latest GameSetWatch posts, product news, Serious Games Source news, and Gamasutra job postings.
- Rockstar Games has confirmed that it will publish a follow up to its successful Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
with Grand theft Auto: Vice City Stories
for the PSP. Currently in development by Rockstar Leeds in conjunction with Rockstar North, the game will ship in the U.S. on October 17, and will carry an MSRP of $49.99. The game will be available in Europe on October 20. While no confirmation as to the game's plot or characters has been released, the game's newly-unveiled box art would seem to suggest a return of at least some of the characters from the game's console predecessor.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has promoted Debra Baker to the position of senior vice president of operations. She will report to the company's senior vice president, Jason Hall. Baker heads multiple departments within the company, which collectively oversee the execution of all marketing initiatives, overall operations, and business and legal affairs of the division. She is also responsible for supervising creative development, the video game green-lighting process and the company's game publishing plan.
- Nintendo of America announced today its fourth quarter lineup of portable releases for both its Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS platforms. In addition to its new Wii next-generation console, which will launch in the fourth quarter as well, the company will ship a number of high profile portable titles, including Final Fantasy V Advance
, which will ship on November 6 for the GBA. DS releases for the quarter include the Touch Generations title Clubhouse Games
on October 9, a new Nintendogs
title featuring a new breed (Dalmatian) on October 16, and Magical Starsign
on October 23. October 30 will see two new DS releases, with Pokemon Ranger
and Square-Enix's Children of Mana
. In addition, the final two months of 2006 will see four new releases for the Nintendo DS, including Elite Beat Agents
on November 6, Yoshi's Island 2
on November 13, and a pair of titles on December 4 with Custom Robo Arena
and Kirby Squeak Squad
- The latest updates on Gamasutra sister weblog GameSetWatch
include the latest 'Our Blazing Destiny' webcomic
(this week featuring Samurai Shodown
), new video
from Suda51's upcoming Wii title HeROes
, and a look back
at Sega's 32X.
- Also updated today: Serious Games Source
news, including a new interview
with America’s Army's Chris Chambers, plus Gamasutra product news including the release of a new Stitcher product line
, plus the latest Gamasutra job postings
, featuring openings from 3D Realms, Climax Studios, Crystal Dynamics, MGA Entertainment, Pandemic Studios, and Webzen America.