Resident Evil Village has been named Game of The Year at the 2021 Steam Awards, beating fellow nominees Valheim, New World, Forza Horizon 5, and Cyberpunk 2077 to take home the top prize.
Valve's annual pageant allows the Steam community to vote for their favorite game in a range of categories. All users with non-limited accounts are eligible to vote in the Steam Awards, with voting this year running from December 22, 2021, to January 3, 2022.
Other notable winners include Forza Horizon 5, which triumphed in the Outstanding Visual Style category, and Deathloop, which received the Most Innovative Gameplay award.
Elsewhere, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy nabbed the prize for Best Soundtrack, and Cyberpunk 2077 beat the competition to take home the Outstanding Story-Rich Game award.
You can find a full rundown of this year's winners below. For a more comprehensive list that also includes this year's nominees, head on over to the Steam Awards website.
The 2021 Steam Awards Winners
- Game Of The Year -- Resident Evil Village
- VR Game Of The Year -- Cooking Simulator VR
- Labor Of Love -- Terraria
- Better With Friends -- It Takes Two
- Outstanding Visual Style -- Forza Horizon 5
- Most Innovative Gameplay -- Deathloop
- Best Game You Suck At -- Nioh - The Complete Edition
- Best Soundtrack -- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
- Outstanding Story-Rich Game -- Cyberpunk 2077
- Sit Back And Relax -- Farming Simulator 22