Daily news, dev blogs, and stories from Game Developer straight to your inbox
January 14, 2015
2 Min Read
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Austin, TX
Cloud Imperium is looking for a Data Systems Engineer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen.
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAA experiences outside the established publisher system. Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals.
• Be responsible for the Health, Indexing, Persistence, and Retrieval of all Game Data
• Participate in DB storage modeling and design
• Design APIs to interface with game and platform data
• Performance turning and optimization of production databases systems.
• Respond to JIRA tickets as assigned.
• Manage day-to-day operations for test and development database.
• Automate recurring tasks using cron and database schedulers.
• Submit service requests to software vendors and drive to resolution.
• Create and modify database objects.
• Execute tools to determine the health of a server and the databases running on it.
• Assist DevOps in the rollout of new production services.
• Manage day-to-day replication processes.
• Work with DevOps and Operation Director to implement standards and best practices.
• Understanding of basic database concepts such as normalization and indexing.
• Familiarity with structured query language (SQL) and basic DMLoperations.
• Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems, shells, and file systems.
• Ability to perform after-hours and/or weekend support for key deployments.
• Understanding of intermediate database concepts such as stored procedures, query plans, and parallel processing.
• Knowledge of structured query language (SQL).
• Ability to navigate UNIX file systems and locate standard directories and files.
• Excellent problem solving and collaboration skills.
• Perform weekly on-call support for Oracle or MySQL systems.
• Experience with shell tools and scripting languages (awk, Python, PHP)
• Understanding of major MySQL storage engines (MyISAM, InnoDB,NDB)
Read more about:ed recruitment
You May Also Like
Exploring the 2024 State of the Game Industry report - Game Developer Podcast ep. 39Feb 2, 2024
Phantom inspiration and the ethical auteur with Xalavier Nelson Jr.Dec 8, 2023
Designing Killer Queen: from playground experiment to modern arcade sensationOct 18, 2023
Rod Humble and King Choi illustrate the ambition of Life By YouSep 22, 2023
Get daily news, dev blogs, and stories from Game Developer straight to your inbox
Subscribe to Game Developer Newsletters to stay caught up with the latest news, design insights, marketing tips, and more