Sponsored By

Activision Invests, Signs Publishing Deal With Infinity Ward

Activision has signed an exclusive, long-term agreement to publish games developed by Infinity Ward, a 22-person studio made of some of the developers that created Medal of Honor Allied Assault (which was d

Game Developer, Staff

May 21, 2002

1 Min Read

Activision made a 30% equity investment in Infinity Ward, with an option to acquire the remaining 70%. Medal of Honor Allied Assault was the top-selling PC game in the United States during the January-March 2002 quarter. The Infinity Ward announcement follows Activision's recent acquisitions of Treyarch Inventions, LLC, Gray Matter Interactive Studios and Shaba Games.

Daily news, dev blogs, and stories from Game Developer straight to your inbox

You May Also Like