The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Game Designer, The Walt Disney Company
Location: Glendale, CA
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media is looking for a standout Game Designer who has applicable experience in the areas of platform, mobile, toy and or VR/AR design. If you are a detail-oriented team player who thrives on working in a fast-paced, creative environment, then this may be the place for you!
Playmation is the next step in the evolution of play, where digital gets physical and imagination becomes real. The groundbreaking system of toys and wearables uses smart technology to inspire kids to run around and use their imaginations, as they become the hero or heroine of stories from across The Walt Disney Company.
- Design and script game-play for an innovative new entertainment medium.
- Work closely with artists, musicians, technologists, and writers to create world-class entertainment.
- Work with a team of writers and designers to brainstorm, design, and implement interactive content for physical toys.
- Provide creative feedback to designers, artists, and writers.
- Work with other departments to make sure the digital content your team develops is in line with the projects overarching business goals and creative vision.
- Write and maintain clear design documentation for use by Design, Programming and External Partners.
- Experience with storytelling, game-balancing, level design, scripting, and user interface design.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Must have a passion for game development.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced iterative environment.
- Must be able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- 5+ years designing for PC, Mac or mobile games
- A fantastic sense of what's fun!
- 3+ years experience designing physical or immersive games (e.g., VR, toys, Kinect, theme parks)
- Experience designing engaging experiences for kids
- 3+ years of scripting/coding experience using languages such as lua, python, or C#
- Experience designing and scripting with accelerometers and other sensor systems
- Experience with hardware prototyping platforms such as Arduino
- Experience with Unity
- Released at least 2 titles or experiences
- Bachelor Degree in related area preferred
Interested? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.