The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: San Rafael, California
Telltale Games is searching for a talented Lead/Senior Character Modeler to create great-looking game characters in Zbrush and Maya. The ideal candidate should have excellent traditional art skills relating to characters as well as a deep understanding of technical requirements for games.
- Create appealing characters for Telltale games, working with the Lead Artist, Concepts artist, Designers, Riggers and Animators to balance quality and game performance.
- Model, UV and texture polygonal game characters accurately from provided concept art keeping the appeal and the essence of the concept.
- Maintain the style for different characters on the same project.
- Ability to model in a variety of styles.
- Follow art directions and Telltale technical requirements.
- Mentor other Character Modeler’s on the team in terms of model appeal, best topology practices, etc.
- Establish character pipelines and help drive character modeling forward in the studio.
- Manage outsourcing, communication and assets when overflow modeling is needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a Character Modeler or similar role, and at least 2 shipped titles.
- Proven ability to create great looking textures, in a variety of styles, both from reference and painting from scratch.
- Proper and imaginative use of materials and shaders.
- Required understanding of how rigging and animation impact character creation with regard to spans and geometry topology.
- Ability to assess and implement clean, efficient geometry for maximum performance in the engine.
- Expertise in Maya, ZBrush, and Photoshop, other packages are encouraged also.
- Self-driven, excellent verbal and written communication, Team player.
- Experience working and directing outsourcing and/or mentoring junior team members
- Strong drawing and painting capabilities is essential.
- Please submit a link to a demo reel/work samples with your application in order to be considered for this position.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here