The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Here is your chance to work on world-class games in Unreal. Phosphor Games is seeking multiple, experienced Unreal Engine and Game Programmers to join our team. We are looking for engaged people who have a passion for amazing games and interactive experiences.
Our first VR title: The Brookhaven Experiment, is a worldwide hit…and we’re just getting started!
Our Game Designers take point on designing gameplay experiences, rules and missions. They also write up dialog or narrative and implement them in the game. Designers at Phosphor Games work closely with art and engineering teams to establish realistic expectations while still achieving a high-quality fun factor.
Our main studio is located in Chicago, IL. Right Near the new Google building. We have a competitive benefits package, flexible work schedule, and are based in a very livable and cool city!
- A Game Designer needs a thorough understanding of design concepts in game as defined in the GDD.
- Create any 2D maps of game levels, drawings, diagrams, and flowcharts, necessary to communicate design functionality and vision.
- Use Unreal4 to build levels, encounters, scenarios, and puzzles.
- Communicate designs visually and verbally to other team members through various methods
- Participate in extensive game play review at all stages of the development process in order evaluate gameplay and ensure that the game is fun and engaging.
- Work closely with QA and other disciplines to identify and resolve level design and gameplay issues
- Take ownership over your assigned sections and work to improve them autonomously
- Be proactive about continually improving our pipeline and process
- Be a fun and upbeat team member, and help your teammates become better designers
- B.S. in Game Design or Computer Game Development, or related discipline
- 3+ years experience as a professional Mission or Game Designer
- Have completed and shipped at least 1 UE4 Engine game with a full team (Programing, Design, Art)
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of mission and game design.
- Experience analyzing gameplay problems.
- Experience scripting gameplay in Blueprints and or basic programming/game scripting skills.
- Experience using UE3 and/or Unity engines
- Working knowledge of adobe suite, and 3D modeling software.
- Experience shipping games on Xbox One and PS4 platforms
- Experience with multiplayer systems design
Phosphor Games is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy. People from all walks of life irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, and disability are encouraged to apply.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.