Location: Austin, TX
Gunfire Games is seeking a Senior Combat Designer for our upcoming titles. The Senior Combat Designer will work with the design leadership to implement compelling combat from conceptualization to implementation utilizing Unreal 4. The ideal candidate has a strong technical understanding, a firm grasp on the fundamentals of animation and experience using state machines to hook up characters.Required to be a self-starter, must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with design leadership to design, implement and polish compelling combat experiences
- Iterate, polish and balance player combat
- Work within an established creative guideline to implement character behavior that fits the game's vision
- Create compelling combat design comparable to leading AAA titles
- 4+ years of Game Design Experience, 2+ in Combat Designer role
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Solid knowledge scripting
- Ability to iterate and implement quickly without sacrificing quality
- Knowledge of game production pipeline and 3d game engines
- Extreme attention to detail
- Deep knowledge of Modern Combat techniques
- Actively seek feedback to improve work while also providing guidance and feedback to peers
- Ability to adapt and cope with change as the production of the project demand
- Shipped a AAA Game
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA.
- Animation Experience
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.