The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: New York, New York
We are seeking a Senior Combat Designer to work with our talented team, with employees based in NYC & Montréal (and some fully remote), working on our new action-RPG title. The right candidate for this position will work closely with the Design and Animation Directors to establish the core movement and melee combat of the player character.
You will share our passion for thinking differently about how games can look and feel and possess an exceptional ability to communicate and demonstrate new ideas. You will be instrumental in defining and polishing the moment-to-moment gameplay.
- Develop the combat vision of the game, including a focus on the player’s movement, combat, controls, and camera
- Create an accessible, but deep, melee combat system that novices can play but experts can still master
- Collaborate with animation, programming, and art teams to concept, prototype, and polish the player’s combat that supports multiple weapon styles and anim sets
- Work with the AI teams to ensure the players combat abilities are being taken advantage of with complementary enemy and boss design
- At least 3 years of experience or one shipped AAA games with a focus on combat design
- Experience implementing and tuning animation timing windows for attacks, blocks, hit reactions, branches, and other actions
- Able to reliably communicate and produce content in a self-disciplined remote work environment.
- Knowledge of scripting/programming languages and character state machines
- Deep understanding of game development process and methodology.
- Ability to work in a cross-discipline team, including animation, art, programming, and audio, in order to champion the best possible results
- Authorized for work in the US or Canada
- Experience with Unreal and knowledge of blueprints
- 6+ years of experience as a combat designer or two shipped AAA games
- Knowledge of animation fundamentals and what makes good combat
- Love of combat references, from films to anime to other games
- Ability to work with programming to create best-in-class combat and animation tools for the design team
- Competitive salary
- Among Industry leaders in PTO and work life balance
- Flexible Work-From-Home options
- Comprehensive family health coverage
Brass Lion Entertainment is an entertainment studio focused on creating original fictional universes that center on Black, Brown, and other traditionally marginalized characters, cultures, and stories. Brass Lion is a diverse and inclusive environment where creatives of all backgrounds can thrive and bring unique and compelling stories to market – changing the landscape in interactive spaces and beyond. We are currently hard at work on an action RPG with a dope af anime aesthetic for next gen console and PC. We are currently entirely work-from-home during COVID 19, with a mix of a remote and co-located team structure planned when it’s safe to do so. We are headquartered in NYC and Montréal. We’re building a world class team, so even if this role isn’t for you – reach out to us! We want to hear from you.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.