The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Framingham, MA
Disruptor Beam is building a new generation of games for every screen, based on popular universes like Game of Thrones and Star Trek. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, alongside a veteran team, working with some of the most iconic brands in entertainment.
As a UI/UX Designer you will work side-by-side with a team of designers, developers and product owners to help create world-class cross-platform game experiences. The ideal candidate cares about making a great product and are able to design in an iterative process to uncover the best solution. You understand established design patterns and design with best practices in mind. We are a collaborative team, but what makes us able to produce great work are also the skills and experience each individual brings to the team. If you love thinking creatively to craft great experiences, love working in engine or code to implement your designs, have expert knowledge mobile usability trends and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment, this could be the job for you!
When applying for this position, please provide a link to your portfolio that includes process and UI wireframes. If you have applications or games in the AppStore that you were principally responsible for the UI or UX design for, let us know about those as well!
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to various design efforts in a busy and exciting year with multiple new game launches.
- Design elegant and delightful mobile experiences as part of a collaborative design team.
- Develop wireframes, create mid-fi comps, storyboards, experience prototypes and detailed design specifications that describe the user experience to stakeholders and direct development activities from inception to implementation.
- Incorporate iterative design, live data and user testing throughout the development process.
- Develop functional prototypes within Unity.
- Facilitate and conduct user and usability research for production teams. Design and oversee all efforts that define user needs and behaviors in relationship to the user experience.
- Provide user experience design expertise to company and advise individuals and teams which can include at times in-game design.
- Create tools including interview guides, focus group materials, and experience prototypes. Create concepts using a range of prototyping methods: 2D and 3D paper models, video or interactive models.
- Hook up user interface objects to the working game systems within the game engine environment.
- Develop new methods that helps make design research produce more effective and relevant outcomes for game design challenges; stay up-to-date with relevant design tools and software; conduct secondary research into current and emerging trends in user needs and technology.
What We Seek
- Experience shipping products for mobile or tablet platforms
- A Gamer with a passion for games, entertainment art and functional and effective design.
- Solid graphic design and compositional abilities using typography, layout and color
- Strong intuitions about what makes for highly usable and enjoyable experiences that drive continuous engagement and social interaction
- Excellent communication skills: written, presenting, oral
- Mastery of Photoshop and/or Sketch to create wireframes and mockups
- Big plus: previous Unity experience
- Big plus: experience conducting user testing
What You’ll Get
- We offer world class health insurance. You'll have access to a national network of doctors that provides comprehensive coverage when you need it most.
- We believe that rest unlocks creativity, so we encourage our employees to take advantage of our open vacation policy. Our employees take as much vacation as they want, when they want it, as long as they’re getting their work done.
- Start work earlier or later according to your inner clock as the core office hours don’t start until 10 am.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.