The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Loot Crate was founded in 2012 around a simple idea: put the awesomeness of Comic-Con in a box. Today, we're the #1 subscription box for gamers and geeks around the world, and one of the top 10 hottest startups in Los Angeles. We’ve assembled an amazing team of passionate and creative people who cultivate our amazing fan community, and create amazing content for them to enjoy. We’re always on the lookout for fun, hard-working new people to join our team and make Loot Crate even better.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be a key member of a newly formed award winning mobile game team developing a series of fun games and interactive experiences.
This is contract position based in Los Angeles.
- Define the game’s vision and game design documents
- Turn concepts into wireframes, mockups and prototypes to prep the team for development
- Design features which will increase user experience, engagement and monetization
- Develop systems and UI elements around the economy to guide the player’s learning process
- Perform & analyze user testing and recommend design solutions
- Update game variables based on collected data
- Conceptualize, create and maintain detailed game design documentation throughout the project cycle
- Stay up to date on the state of the industry, trends (new game genres, new game design methods, and emerging platforms)
- 5+ years experience as a mobile game designer
- Worked on at least two complete product cycles for games
- Proven experience with designing game economy, gameplay balancing, and free-to-play experiences
- Experience working with Unity 3D, ideally with scripting knowledge
- Strong experience in game design, level design, gameplay theory & story writing
- Strong knowledge of game balancing and pacing
- Previous experience working in an agile scrum environment
- Passionate game player with in-depth knowledge mobile and PC games
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.