The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Lead Designer, Missions, Monolith Productions
Location: Kirkland, Washington
For over 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering unique gaming experiences for our fans. Combining innovative gameplay, cutting edge technology and AI, inventive narratives and stunning visuals to create award winning and best-selling games.
Starting with our first game, Blood through to our most recent title, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor which has been awarded with numerous Game of the Year Awards, including Gamespot, Joystiq and IGN as well as Best Action/Adventure Game at the 2014 Game Awards.
We are dedicated to ensuring that our next game is our best yet, and to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer.
Monolith Productions seeks a Lead Mission Designer who will be responsible for working with the development team, with a focus on the design, implementation, and scripting of Missions. You will work with the team to ensure the creation of detailed mission / narrative structure, and compelling paper designs for objectives and encounters that fit within that structure.
You will create examples of these designs to set the standards for the rest of the design team, through the use of proprietary and 3rd party tools. The Lead Mission Designer is responsible for collaborating with the rest of the design team, artists, and engineers to ensure their missions are fun, interesting, and performant. The Lead Designer also works with the QA and Playtest groups throughout development to address critical feedback and make sure their levels play and perform as intended.
- Work with the Design team to concept and implement compelling missions using proprietary Monolith tools and industry standard software.
- Mentor the design team focusing on mission / quest scripting, providing regular feedback on their work. Assist Production with performance reviews.
- Work closely with QA and Consumer playtest groups to identify and resolve level design / Gameplay issues.
- Create and maintain living design documentation that keeps pace with the project's progress and accurately conveys all necessary information to Design, Art, and Engineering.
- Own the definition and documentation of work flow, standards and best practices of mission/quest scripting for the Design team.
- Deconstruct competitive product and summarize to design group.
- Associate degree or equivalent job experience preferred.
- 8+ years of game design experience required.
- Shipped at least 3 console/PC titles as a designer or equivalent, with at least one of those being in the 3rd person action 3rd person action/adventure genre.
- Familiarity with a variety of level editors and scripting languages required.
- Open World mission design experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of game design principles, the computer gaming industry and its products.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with programmers, artists, and other designers.
- Experience managing small design team with their day to day tasks preferred.
- Professional experience working within level design on a large-scale project.
- Effectively work under the pressure of competing demands and short time lines.
- Willing to commit to the team in terms of time & effort given.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.