Konami is temporarily removing Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 from digital storefronts while it attempts to renew the licenses for historical archive footage used in-game.
The publisher explained various iterations of each game will be pulled from sale on November 8, 2021, including numerous HD editions and collections for platforms like PlayStation 3, Nintendo 3DS, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation Now, Xbox 360, and GOG.
There's currently no indication as to when those titles will return to stores, with Konami simply noting it is working towards working making each product "available for purchase once again."
You can find the full list of affected titles below.
- PlayStation®3 METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SONS OF LIBERTY HD EDITION
- PlayStation®3 METAL GEAR SOLID 3 SNAKE EATER HD EDITION
- PlayStation®3 METAL GEAR SOLID HD EDITION
- PlayStation®Vita METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SONS OF LIBERTY HD EDITION
- PlayStation®Vita METAL GEAR SOLID 3 SNAKE EATER HD EDITION
- PlayStation®Vita METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION
- PlayStation™Now METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION
- Xbox 360 METAL GEAR SOLID HD EDITION: 2 & 3
- Nintendo 3DS METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D
- GOG.com METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SUBSTANCE
- NVIDIA® SHIELD™ METAL GEAR SOLID 2 HD for SHIELD TV
- NVIDIA® SHIELD™ METAL GEAR SOLID 3 HD for SHIELD TV