Kabam's free-to-play action-RPG Star Wars: Uprising has been canceled and pulled from the iOS and Android app stores.
The game is still operational, but will be turned off for good on November 17. As part of the shut down Kabam has disabled payments to stop players sinking cash into the dying title.
In a brief FAQ posted on the Kabam forums, the San Francisco studio said Uprising had been scrapped because it was "no longer achieving the level of success needed" to sustain itself.
"There are a number of things that go into maintaining a game beyond keeping the power running," added the studio.
"Addressing issues, developing content and providing support are important components as well, and we feel those resources can be better served building and supporting Kabam's existing and new titles."
It's a statement that echoes the one Kabam made after it laid off an unspecified number of staff just over two months ago, when the company explained it was reshuffling to "focus on fewer, bigger, and bolder AAA mobile games."
More recently, the developer said it would be prepared to spend big to secure success, with Kabam CEO Kevin Chou suggesting the firm could invest $24 million in a single game by 2018.