The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
E-Commerce Analyst, Red 5 Studios
Location: Irvine, CA
The Live Team at Red 5 Studios is made up of some of the most passionate and creative minds in the industry. We spend our days envisioning ways to improve our experiences that push our ingenuity and inventiveness to their very limits. The Live Team at Red 5 focuses on continuing service for Firefall and is dedicated to user retention and monetization by creating special community events, virtual holiday festivals, creative in-game encounters and improving monetization strategies and events based on feedback and data. We are devoted to continually seeking out the fun factor and enhancing that experience for all to enjoy. The Live Team works together with the developers and the community team to build the virtual society of Firefall paramount to player enjoyment and our long-term success.
- Further enhance and manage the monetization of Firefall
- Drive storefront optimization, reward structures, and the development of virtual goods
- Develop innovative methods to maximize game revenue
- Create long-term and short-term monetization strategies to hit revenue goals set for different phases of our growth
- Collaborate closely with our designers to stimulate our community by implementing innovative social encounters that enhance user retention
- Drive the virtual economy: iterate quickly, maximize price points, and visually embellish sales items
- Create unique and innovative products in line with Firefall’s micro-transaction strategy
- Work in tandem with our community team to effectively build and retain the user base
- Proven monetization success on a globally played MMO
- Deep understanding of human behavior in a virtual context and behavioral economics
- Robust marketing proficiency to design and implement monetization strategies
- Analytical ability to comprehend and utilize data
- Knowledgeable of free-to-play market trends and successful online shooters and MMOs
- MMO and/or Shooter experience
Red 5 Studios, creator of the free-to-play MMO shooter Firefall (www.firefall.com), is a video game developer dedicated to bringing together millions of gamers from across the planet by creating immersive worlds, intriguing stories, and compelling characters.
Right now, at this very moment, Firefall is being played around the world. In the past month, we've had players log in from such distant lands such as Uruguay, Morocco, and yes even Kazakhstan. It is already a global community with a virtual store that is generating revenue today.
Red 5 Studios has roughly 180 employees--large enough to find the resources or talent that you need to bring your vision to life, but small enough where you have the opportunity to make a massive difference. Every employee leaves their indelible mark on the identity of Firefall. Everyone.
THIS is the place to come if you seek mastery of your chosen vocation. These are the fertile grounds where you can learn from like-minded individuals that come from a cornucopia of industry-renown studios, such as Naughty Dog, Bungie, Insomniac, Blizzard and Microsoft. Every employee brings a significant knowledge base and we solicit best business practices from previous experiences.
THIS is the studio to join if you want a chance to contribute to a fundamental shift in the way games are crafted. Firefall encompasses an original art style, a proprietary in-house engine, and a determination to make the free-to-play model work without being pay-to-win. We believe the free-to-play experience can be a win-win scenario for both the consumer and us alike. With no barrier to trying the game, we believe it welcomes the greatest number of gamers possible. By having to work for gamers' micro-transactions, it forces us to be ever vigilant on quality, forging a tight relationship with the community that will give the world of Firefall's New Eden a very long lifespan with years of continued development.
THIS is the place for you if you value autonomy. If you want a chance to stretch your skills and excel in your chosen vocation, without the constant Orwellian presence of a publisher or middle management questioning your every move, this is for you. We trust our employees. We empower one another to make the game that we want to play.
We're on a mission to create a living, breathing world unlike any other for players to explore. We aren't constrained by a specific title or role; and individuals are often asked to tackle many challenges. We understand the challenges of bringing a AAA online game to life, and we invite you to join us on this exciting adventure.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.