The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Senior Marketing Manager, Nexon M
Location: Emeryville, California
NEXON M is a mobile game publisher based in Emeryville. Founded in 2013, NEXON M focuses on free-to-play games for mobile and counts some of the world’s best developers as its partners, including Big Huge Games, maker of the top-grossing game DomiNations; Shiver Entertainment; and Turbo.
NEXON M’s focus on free-to-play games for mobile can be traced to our roots as a subsidiary of NEXON Corp. As Korea’s largest game company, NEXON is known for having created the first free-to-play games in the early 2000s and has multiple games which recently passed their 10-year anniversaries of live operation.
We believe games are more than a business, and marketing them isn’t just about selling stuff. For us, marketing is about enticing players into a game world, an experience that starts from their very first interaction with our brand—whether that’s a display ad or a TV commercial—and continues through every interaction they have with us. We believe performance marketing, brand marketing, community, and creative are most effective—and most fun to work on—when they’re working in concert to tell a story that captivates players, that makes them feel as though the game they’re playing is part of a living world that exists even when their devices are powered down.
We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to help us create, cultivate, and deliver those stories. Reporting to the Director of Marketing.
- Developing and employing the right strategic combinations of art and science in brand marketing and digital marketing strategies. You will be responsible for developing positioning and branding as well as executing strategic marketing programs and ongoing campaign management for high priority products.
- Working collaboratively with the Product Management Team and 3rd-party developers to successfully implement all elements of our marketing programs, which means delivering a great story to players while ensuring our business looks healthy.
- Managing content and asset creation with internal teams and external agencies.
- Using data to understand and demonstrate where we’re succeeding, where our opportunities are, and where we need to proactively adjust to avoid missteps before we make them.
- Acting as a project manager on all marketing tactics for products assigned.
- Mentoring junior members of the team and working with them to strengthen their marketing plans and executions.
- Managing relationships across the marketing team; you’ll orchestrate the way our creative, community, and user acquisition teams work together to deploy great integrated marketing programs.
- 5-6 years of experience marketing a variety of brands, from well-known to on-the-way-up.
- Direct experience in Product Marketing and/or Brand Management.
- Demonstrated success developing integrated campaigns for free-to-play games or other mobile products.
- You should have an understanding of how brand marketing and performance marketing can work best in concert with one another, and be able to create strategies that make the best use of both throughout a live service lifecycle.
- Stellar communication skills when it comes to writing briefs, giving feedback and copywriting for ads.
- Ability to partner effectively with development teams: to ensure all marketing activities are reflective of the amazing quality of their work; to elicit the details needed to craft fantastic brand strategies; to plan and execute ongoing activities around player acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Experience successfully working with and managing productive relationships with external agency partners.
- Experience managing others directly or indirectly
- Genuine love and passion for games culture and the people who are part of it: developers, players, critics, forum trolls, reviewers, and everyone in between. We love this stuff, and we love everyone who’s a part of it—you should, too.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- B.S. in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or PR
This is a full-time position with NEXON M (nexonm.com). Our office is located in Emeryville—the Emery-Go-Round stops right outside. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and a great opportunity for career growth and development are all part of what makes Nexon M a great place to work.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.