The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced eSports manager with outstanding management and communication skills to lead the design and development of eSports programs for Blizzard franchises in the Asia Pacific region.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who is flexible and can adapt quickly to changing goals and objectives in the fast-paced eSports industry. This person is highly organized and able to work independently while contributing to the goals of the team while also directly managing the relationship with our Asia Pacific region eSports teams.
The ideal candidate is a leader with a proven track record of designing creative competitive tournament systems, proactively identifying key eSports strategies, anticipating business needs, and implementing solutions across the organization.
This person must have experience working with international teams, strong personnel management, motivational skills, and must be able to work within budget while still producing epic experiences for the players of our games.
Finally, the eSports manager will work in close partnership with the senior manager and the Asia Pacific eSports teams to develop our relationships with eSports tournament partners.
- Develop, and / or execute eSports strategies and manage the execution of eSports competition, events, and communication.
- Provide industry and local insights as input to the Asia Pacific eSports strategy.
- Manage relationships and shape agenda with the eSports, related organizations, and cultivate new relationships as required.
- Generate innovative ideas to build a healthy eSports ecosystem and player community in the Asia Pacific region.
- Build consensus and visibility in the design process for key stakeholders across the organization and globally.
- Meet and exceed agreed upon key performance indicators for each program.
- Oversee the maintenance of Blizzard Entertainment's eSport networks, and drive the design of the appropriate systems for each.
- Develop and distribute management level reports in support of business reviews.
- Work collaboratively with the regional teams and functional eSports counterparts internationally to communicate updates and push for consensus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bacheloras degree or relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3 yearsa experience in eSports, organized play, sports organizations management, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 yearsa experience in partner management.
- Experience working in the Asia Pacific region with a exposure to multi-cultural environments.
- Professional experience working with the development and execution of competitive gaming, pro-gaming, ladders, leagues, and tournaments.
- Strategic thinker with strong management and communication skills.
- Prior event, and / or tournament planning, organization and budgeting experience.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand.
- Strong written and oral business communication skills, with the ability to work with other members across the organization.
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full work load.
- Able to interface effectively with both gamers and business people.
- Experience working effectively in a team environment with global team members.
- Passionate player of video games, particularly Blizzard Entertainment games.
- Able for occasional travel, including international travel.
- Active participant or leader within the Blizzard Entertainment eSports communities.
- Experience in sports or eSports live video production and broadcasting.
- Presentation, teaching, or other public speaking experience.
- Experience as a community manager.
- Experience in game development, and design.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Warcraft, StarCraft
- Fluent in Korean, Japanese, or Mandarin Chinese.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here