[Gamasutra rounds up the latest news in the world of App Store gaming, featuring standout releases like Street Fighter IV Volt, Puzzle Agent 2, and Pocket Academy.]
- Street Fighter IV Volt Adds Multiplayer, New Characters
Following up on its initial iOS port of its one-on-one fighter Street Fighter IV
, Capcom introduces a new online multiplayer mode and a total of 17 playable characters in the Volt
- Telltale Launches Puzzle Agent 2
Now a successful franchise borne of Telltale's Pilot Program, Puzzle Agent
's latest entry brings more Professor Layton
-inspired puzzle gameplay to the iPhone and iPad.
- James Pond Returns in The Deathly Shallows
Sega Genesis platformer hero James Pond stars in a new side-scrolling shooter for iOS devices.
- Prope's Latest Taps Into The Unreal Engine On iOS
is somewhat of a hidden object game that has some degree of moment. It's been compared with Infinity Blade
, due to its visual polish, which is not surprising, given that it's also built upon Epic's Unreal Engine."
- Kairosoft Releases Game Dev Story Follow-Up Pocket Academy
After finding App Store success with its games industry-spoofing sim title Game Dev Story
last year, Kairosoft shifts its focus to the academic world with Pocket Academy
- MMORPG Spinoff MapleStory: Cygnus Knights Edition Premieres in App Store
Nexon's side-scrolling MapleStory
spinoff gets two new character classes and 12 new gameplay areas in its latest expansion.
- Toshio Iwai's Tenori-on Now Available for iOS
"Yamaha has released TNR-i, a fully-featured iOS simulation of Toshio Iwai's electronic musical instrument and Electroplankton