[Gamasutra rounds up the latest news in the world of App Store gaming, featuring standout releases like LostWinds, Lumi, and Frontline Commando.]
- Dropple creator releases Dream.Build.Play 2010 winner Lumi for iPhone, iPad
"In addition to possessing the standard moveset you'd expect from a platformer star, Lumi has the ability to traverse each level by manipulating magnetic polarity; players can flick Lumi in any direction, and can orbit surrounding magnetic fields."
- Frontier Developments' WiiWare hit LostWinds arrives in App Store
Originally released for Nintendo's WiiWare platform, Frontier's LostWinds
lets players "wield the awesome elemental powers of Enril the Wind Spirit, from raging tornados to the subtlest breeze, in a stunningly presented combination of combat, exploration and puzzle solving."
- Taito brings clasic shooter Rayforce to iOS
"Taito will be bringing its classic shoot-em-up Rayforce
to iPhone/iPod Touch, Famitsu.com revealed today. The game will see release some time this winter." [via Andriasang]
- Organ Trail: Director's Cut Kickstarted, nearly fully funded
"The Men Who Wear Many Hats have launched a Kickstarter fund to support the development of Organ Trail: Director's Cut
, an upgraded iOS, PC, and Mac version of the pair's hit zombie-filled The Oregon Trail
- Atari cracks down on indie's Battlezone look-alike
"Atari Interactive has reportedly issued a complaint against indie developer Black Powder Media and has had its iOS titles Vector Tanks
and Vector Tanks Extreme
removed from the iTunes App Store."
- Glu launches freemium cover shooter Frontline Commando
Glu's latest release is a third-person shooter featuring "console quality visuals, destructible cover points, and advanced physics."