[Gamasutra rounds up the latest news in the world of App Store gaming, featuring standout releases like 1000 Heroz, Baseball Superstars II, and Street Fighter IV Volt.]
- Infinity Blade 'Earned Revenue' Tops $10M
"Chair Entertainment and parent Epic Games said Tuesday that their hit mobile game, the Unreal Engine 3-powered iOS title Infinity Blade
, has topped $10 million in 'earnings' in its first six months."
- Trials HD Developer RedLynx Releases 1000 Heroz
is a unique racing-platformer in which a new level and playable character will be unlocked daily over the next 1,000 calendar days.
- PopCap Updates App Store Hits Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies
gets retina display support in PopCap's newest update, while Plants vs. Zombies
now includes the Zen Garden mode.
- Capcom Announces Mobile SF4 Expansion Street Fighter IV Volt
After recently updating its flagship console fighter Super Street Fighter IV
with new Arcade Edition content, Capcom plans to release an expanded iOS edition with more playable characters and Wi-Fi multiplayer matches.
- Gamevil Launches Baseball Franchise Sequel Baseball Superstars II
Gamevil has upgraded its million-selling mobile baseball series with new gameplay modes and a variety of player upgrades available though in-app purchases.
- James Pond Will Return in The Deathly Shallows
"James Pond in The Deathly Shallows
ditches the platforming gameplay that defined later sequels for side-scrolling shooter mechanics that recall the original James Pond
for the Amiga and Sega Genesis."
- Apple Unveils iOS 5's 'Socialized' Game Center, iCloud Syncing
"When the company releases iOS 5 later this year, Game Center will receive several enhancements, including a cummulative point system added to the current achievements setup."