Nintendo had a good time at The Game Awards last night, with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild taking home the coveted Game of the Year award.
The gorgeous Nintendo Switch title has been celebrated by critics and fans alike, and picked up two other prizes for Best Game Direction and Best Action/Adventure Game.
Of course, Zelda wasn't the only ace up Nintendo's sleeve. Super Mario Odyssey also won the Best Family Game award, and Metroid: Samus Returns nabbed the prize for Best Handheld Game.
Meanwhile, Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom was named the Best Strategy Game, proving once again that Nintendo was right to trust Ubisoft with some of its most beloved characters.
Elsewhere, indie revelation Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice was another big winner, with developer Ninja Theory netting three awards for Best Audio Design, Best Performance, and Games For Impact.
Sticking with the indies, Cuphead walked away with the awards for Best Independent Game, Best Indie Debut, and Best Art Direction, while the statue for Best Narrative was given to What Remains of Edith Finch.
Last year's Game of the Year, Overwatch, was named the Best Esports Game and Best Ongoing Game.
There were many more winners on the night, so we've taken the liberty of posting a comprehensive round-up below. For the full list, be sure to head on over to The Game Awards website.
The Game Awards 2017 - Winners
- Game of the Year -- Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
- Best Game Direction -- Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
- Best Narrative -- What Remains of Edith Finch (Giant Sparrow / Annapurna)
- Best Art Direction -- Cuphead (Studio MDHR)
- Best Score/Music - NieR: Automata (Platinum Games / Square Enix)
- Best Audio Design -- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Ninja Theory)
- Best Performance -- Melina Juergens, Hellblade (as Senua)
- Games for Impact -- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Ninja Theory)
- Best Ongoing Game -- Overwatch (Blizzard)
- Best Mobile Game -- Monument Valley 2 (ustwo)
- Best Handheld Game -- Metroid: Samus Returns (MercurySteam / Nintendo)
- Best VR/AR Game -- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (Capcom)
- Best Action Game -- Wolfenstein II (MachineGames / Bethesda)
- Best Action/Adventure Game -- Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
- Best Role Playing Game -- Persona 5 (Atlus)
- Best Sports/Racing Game -- Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 / Microsoft)
- Best Family Game -- Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo)
- Most Anticipated Game -- The Last of Us II (Naughty Dog / Sony Interactive Ent.)