38 Studios and EA's Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
took the top spot in the UK software sales charts in its launch weekend.
For the week ended February 11, and according to data from tracking firm Chart-Track, Kingdoms of Amalur
is the first original IP RPG to top the charts since Pokemon Red
back in 2000.
Last week's number one, Final Fantasy XIII-2
, was forced down to number two with a 54 percent drop in sales week-over-week, while newcomer The Darkness II
entered the charts at number three.
The majority of the titles in the top 10 saw a drop in sales week-over-week, with Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
sales down 49 percent, FIFA 12
sales down 19 percent, and Battlefield 3
sales down 29 percent.
Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games
re-entered the charts at number 10, thanks to the release of the Nintendo 3DS version of the game.
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title, and the individual platform charts, which treat individual SKUs separately.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (EA)
2. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix)
3. The Darkness II (2K Games)
4. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Konami)
5. FIFA 12 (EA)
6. Battlefield 3 (EA)
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
8. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
10. Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
The Xbox 360 version of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
took number one in Chart-Track's individual formats top 10 chart, while the PS3 version only managed to snag ninth position.
The Darkness II
, the other new entry into the chart last week, took second position with its Xbox 360 version.
1. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (EA, Xbox 360)
2. The Darkness II (2K Games, Xbox 360)
3. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix, Xbox 360)
4. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix, PS3)
5. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Konami, Xbox 360)
6. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Konami, PS3)
7. Battlefield 3 (EA, Xbox 360)
8. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft, Wii)
9. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (EA, PS3)
10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision, Xbox 360)