In the latest postings over the last seven days, Gamasutra's jobs board plays host to roles in every major discipline, including opportunities at THQ, MTV Networks, PlayFish, and Disney Online Studios. Each position posted by employers will appear on the main Gamasutra job board, and appear in the site's daily and weekly newsletters, reaching our readers directly. It will also be cross-posted for free across Gamasutra's network of submarket sites, which includes content sites focused on online worlds, cellphone games, 'serious games', independent games and more. Some of the notable jobs posted this week include:
- Warner Bros Games: Community Manager - WB Games : "WB Games Inc. is a new production studio formed in Kirkland, WA, dedicated to the development of games and interactive entertainment across all major console, PC and handheld platforms. A division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc., the production company works closely with other Warner Bros. divisions, such as Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) and Warner Home Video (WHV), to bring games to market. WB Games oversees the creation of games by internally owned developers as well as a wide array of talented external game development companies. Currently ramping up hiring for multiple key positions, the company offers competitive salaries and benefits and a chance to get in on the ground floor of a new development organization working with world-renowned entertainment properties from the Warner Bros. library as well as great new original properties."
- Disney Online Studios: Lead Game Designer: "Disney Online Studios produces immersive, online virtual worlds for kids and families, filled with games, adventures, parties, and special events. Guided by an unwavering commitment to safety and creativity, Disney Online Studios' virtual worlds offer continuously updated content and endless hours of online fun in rich, story-based environments with properties such as Disney Club Penguin, the #1 kids' virtual world destination and the newly launch World of Cars Online, based on the popular Disney*Pixar franchise."
- Playfish: Senior Artist: "Playfish leads the social gaming industry in innovation and creativity with award-winning, category-defining games designed for friends to play together. The company has changed the way people play games by creating more social and connected experiences. To date, more than 200 million Playfish games have been installed and played by millions of people worldwide. Its games are amongst the most acclaimed and popular online, including Pet Society, Restaurant City, Hotel City, Country Story and Who Has The Biggest Brain? Playfish has development studios in London, San Francisco, Beijing and Tromso, Norway."
- THQ Digital Studios Phoenix: Engine Programmer: "Formerly Rainbow Studios, THQ Digital Studios Phoenix is one of THQ’s emerging technology development hubs. With a history of developing triple A hit titles, our studio is also now focused on the digital marketplace on console and other target platforms, putting us at the forefront of the industry in conjunction with our sister studio, THQ Digital Studios UK."
- MTV Networks: Senior Games Producer: "MTV Networks is one of the world’s leading creators of entertainment content, with brands that engage and connect diverse audiences across television, online, mobile, games, virtual worlds and consumer products. The company’s portfolio spans more than 150 television channels and 400 digital media properties worldwide, and includes MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, NextMovie, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., TeenNick, AddictingGames, Shockwave, Monkey Quest, COMEDY CENTRAL, SPIKE, TV Land, Atom, and GameTrailers."