The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Burbank, CA
According to Wikipedia i eHumans have developed culture and technology (such as music, telephone and radio) that allows them to generate, record, transmit, and broadcast sounde.
Umm- they forgot video games as well! Hullo! Insomniac Games is looking for an Audio Designer (mid-level or senior- weare open!) to create, edit, and implement game-ready audio. This position will work closely with the rest of the audio team to maintain a high level of quality and consistency of sound. Read on for your duties!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Creates unique sounds for in game and cinematic sequences. Duties include creative sound design, technical sound design, cinematic sound design and mix, and Foley/source sound effect recording and editing.
- Work with and collaborate with various team members to achieve desired goals of project and team in a proactive manner.
- Communicate progress toward goals on a regular basis with audio director, audio lead and project manager
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical details clearly with other teams/departments working in disciplines other than audio.
- Provide assistance with audio schedule creation per project.
- Experiment with new sound techniques and practices in effort to increase audio quality in our games.
- Contribute to audio style guide creation for assigned projects and maintain consistency in audio style throughout project.
- May mentor, assign and review audio tasks with associate sound designers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience focused on experience in original sound effect design, creation, mixing, processing and implementation or computer game product development experience.
- Proficient with multitrack project mixing software/hardware and session set-up (Avid Pro Tools experience preferred).
- Experience with mixing stereo and surround sound formats.
- Proficient with PC-based sample editors (Sound Forge).
- Experience with Wwise and Audio Plug Ins is a must.
- Knowledgeable with both PC and Mac-based operating systems.
- Emphasis in sound effect and dialogue mixing and post production work.
- Emphasis on microphone placement, operation and recording.
- Thorough understanding of audio compression technologies and surround sound formats.
- Basic understanding of audio physics principles.
- Film or television production/location recording experience preferred.
- Understanding of music/ playing an instrument is a plus.
- Thoroughly understands the foundations of dynamic, frequency, and time based effects as well as audio synthesis.
For this position, the employee will be exposed to varying levels of sound based on work or project.
If you are interested, please use the link below and apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here