The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Bellevue, WA
We're ArenaNet—we've created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2
the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
As a game developer that constantly strives to innovate, our studio is built on a foundation of excellence with a focus on community. We're unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2
. The status quo isn't good enough for the dedicated worldwide community of GW2
players, which is why we question industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
ArenaNet is hiring a passionate audio engineer to help with the engineering and development of audio tools and technology specific to audio content in 3D video games. We work in a team environment and in this role you would be working directly with the development teams on current and future studio projects.
* Write highly efficient audio engine code
* Develop next generation game audio tools and technology
* Work in a team environment to build, debug, and refine audio tools and/or runtime
* Interface with other software engineers and production teams to develop related tools and/or runtime components
* Support game developers using studio audio tools
* Experience creating tool chains/pipelines for production environments (games, video, audioI)
* Will need to support existing proprietary engine and tools based on FMod
* In-depth understanding of C++ with FMod(or similar) experience
* Familiarity with digital audio principles, game audio production workflows, MIDI, digital audio workstations (such as ProTools), and audio technologies in general
* 3+ years of experience with audio tools, engines or similar
* Background in audio production
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here