The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Austin, TX
Battlecry Studios, located in Austin, TX, brings together a group of seasoned developers with one goal: to create fun, AAA online global experiences for the connected world. Battlecry is currently working on the newly announced team action combat title, Battlecry
We’re looking for thinkers, driven by creativity and self-discipline, to successfully launch games. We never want to tell you what to do. We trust our team to go with their instincts because that will foster the very best ideas for our games and the players.
Do you want to work with the fun, passionate, collaborative team developing Battlecry
? We are looking for a Senior VFX Artist with a desire to craft high quality, dramatic and visceral visual effects.
- Work with the Lead VFX Artist to develop VFX that compliment or enhance the visual style of the project.
- Work with the Design and Concept Art teams to develop clean, highly readable VFX that support gameplay initiatives and further artistic goals.
- Develop stylistically consistent, visually impactful VFX assets through creative use of particles, geometry, animation and materials.
- Ensure that VFX assets are built efficiently and perform within budgets.
- Experienced in creating non-photorealistic, anime, abstract or symbolic visual effects.
- Skilled in authoring compelling textural assets, hand painted and/or procedurally generated.
- Creative and innovative.
- Experienced with real-time VFX authoring tools.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, iterative development environment.
- Proficient in 3DS Max and/or Maya for VFX related tasks.
- Strong grasp of VFX performance measurement and tuning.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Passionate about making great games.
- Able to independently and creatively solve VFX technical challenges.
- Scripting experience.
- Experience with various world building tools.
- AAA game development experience.
- Shooter, action, or fighting game experience.
- Experience developing competitive multiplayer games.
- Experience with CryEngine.
- Experience with physics simulation for alembic sequences.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here