The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Francisco, California
About Us :
At WRKSHP, our mission is to bring people together through the power of play. We believe in teamwork, intellectual honesty, and high-quality craftsmanship and work hard to create simple, beautiful and massively social games that expand the possibility space of people’s lives.
We are passionate, boot-strapped and profitable. Our 60 person team is made up of the best artists, developers and designers in the world. We have developed over 55 top 25 applications in the App Store and our latest game, Battle Camp, is the world’s largest mobile MMO with over 30 million downloads. Battle Camp was the App Store’s Best Multiplayer Game and is a Top 100 Grossing App in 100 countries on iOS and Android.
The Role :
Are you a talented artist with a passion for games, music, culture and fashion? We are currently seeking a Senior Game Artist to join our team of talented game professionals.
The game Artist will work be running our up and coming title Beat Fever: a mobile mmo rpg rhythm action game releasing this August. Our ideal candidate must be able to take concept ideas and transform/create finished, high quality production art assets. They will be working in a wide range of subjects such as characters, environments, and UI game objects. Having a keen eye for detail is imperative; with the ability to perceive how assets work with animations and other objects, and is deadline driven. This role will work in both Photoshop and Illustrator.
Due to the nature of this position, no candidate will be considered without strong design, drawing and painting skills. Candidates identified to continue in the process will be asked to complete an art exercise in addition to an interview.
- Work on concepts and production assets, creating characters, environments and UI items.
- Collaborate with different teams (such as design and animation) to deliver a wide variety of assets (environment, character, and background art, etc.) that fit within the projected style
- Managing contractors and ensuring that all the work that is produced is consistent, stylistically, and the highest quality
- Communicate with game design, developers and QA to ensure sure your work flows seamlessly through our pipeline and meets the highest visual quality
- A strong passion in Games, Music, culture, Fashion. Someone who is up to date on the latest news and trends in these industries.
- Passion for rhythm action Music games.
- Portfolio demonstrating high level of artistic skill related to mobile games.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in game development as an artist
- Solid understanding and comfortability with both Photoshop and Illustrator
- Able to analyze and understand the style of each project and make sure the rendering of each asset reflects that and remains consistent
- Superior attention to light, shade, color, and detail as well as a good understanding of form, shape, and structure
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for video games.
While not required, the following attributes will help set you apart from the other candidates:
- Have shipped mobile game titles as an artist.
- 3D modeling experience for characters and environments
- Associates or Bachelor of Arts degrees from an accredited institution in a related field
- Working remotely is an option, but this is a full-time position
- Relocation assistance is offered
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.