The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Pasadena, CA
The Odd Gentlemen are looking for creators of fine video game animation to join our team in Pasadena, CA. Our ideal gentleperson has a deep understanding story, emotion, movement, and humor. They will be primarily responsible for creating cinematic animation for story-based gameplay. A creative sense for visual storytelling, technical problem solving, and enthusiasm for pushing game animation into new and unexpected heights is essential.
We are looking for a Cinematic Animator to join our team on the final King’s Quest chapters and future Odd Gentlemen projects.
- Create emotionally powerful cinematics with quality timing, pacing, and staging using existing animation libraries.
- Work with the director and leads to find the balance between quality and efficiency on a tight deadline.
- Take technical and creative direction from game design and storyboards/animatics.
- Find adventuresome ways to bring each unique character and style to life.
- Work closely with game designers and technical artists to create and implement animation assets.
- Make assets with an eye toward maintaining The Odd Gentlemen’s brand for artistic style.
- Follow a specific pipeline workflow to make sure all assets are game ready.
- A minimum of 3 years related experience in game animation development.
- Have shipped at least one console/PC title as a 3D Animator.
- Strong foundation and understanding of traditional animation techniques.
- Understanding of the technical limitations of game animation.
- A passion for story-driven games and fantastical worlds and characters.
- Experienced in working in a game engine - Unreal 3 experience is a plus.
- Understanding of camera layout, character staging, composition, editing, and storytelling.
- Strong organizational skills and experience with task and file management systems.
- Motivated to self-manage and actively seek answers, conduct research and explore creative solutions.
- Fundamental understanding of character setup and rigging in Maya is a plus.
A test will need to be completed as part of the application process. If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume when you apply. Thanks so much!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.