The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Sucker Punch is looking for a talented, self-driven Senior Environment Modeler to inspire and create compelling worlds that push the boundary of gameplay, art and story-telling on PlayStation 4. If you love to constantly learn and contribute to raising the bar of digital media with a tight knit team, Sucker Punch is waiting for you!
- Modeling of game environment assets (structures, terrain, props) using Autodesk Maya from photo reference and concept art.
- Learn and utilize our methods and production pipeline to implement models into the run-time engine.
- Ensure the environment models meet the performance and memory requirements of the game engine and hardware.
- Work within production schedules to meet the down-stream production requirements.
- Finishing out levels or areas of the environment, including detail and polish work.
- Work with other environment modelers and the design team to create visually striking game environments.
- Must be experienced in modeling, texturing and working in Maya.
- Demonstrated ability to create and edit textures in Photoshop.
- Ability to respond to art direction critiques and produce results on schedule.
- A strong artistic sense of shape, proportion, and color.
- Highly skilled in creating realistic looking models.
- 5+ years as a professional environment modeler.
DESIRED SKILLS AND PLUSES
- Advanced modeling skills using Maya.
- Knowledge of texturing programs like Substance or Quixel.
- Knowledge of real-time rendering technology.
- Experience and strong skills using Z Brush or other sculpting software.
- General knowledge of physical based lighting, shader creation, and rendering.
- Previous console game development experience (especially PS4, Xbox One).
Portfolio and other Requirements
- A portfolio review is required. We prefer web-based submissions, but will evaluate DVDs if necessary.
- Applicants should expect to take a modeling and texture test on 3D models we provide.
- Applicants must be able to work in the USA and willing to relocate to the Seattle, WA area.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.