The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Do you have visions of unique characters and unusual environments? Would you love to see them come to life in a video game? We are looking for a strong concept artist with lots of potential, to join the Sucker Punch team. This is a contract onsite position.
You will work directly with the Art Director to communicate the artistic vision of our game through conceptual illustration, as well as support the character and environment teams with production concept sketches throughout completion of the title. The focus here is on design and ideation, not just digital painting or illustration. Pretty pictures won’t cut it.
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for strong character and environmental design and illustration; including a strong handle on lighting, and color. They will also possess an ability to execute at a high level of craftsmanship in rendering and clear, explanatory production art for modelers.
- Create believable, relevant concept art for character, environments, props, and/or effects.
- Color scripts and lighting studies.
- Help generate inspirational concept and prototype art to pitch game scenarios.
- Screenshot paint-overs to guide the character team with character/fashion design and style.
- Screenshot paint-overs to guide the environment team in architecture, look and feel, and lighting.
- Solid concept portfolio, exemplifying strong design skills.
- High level of vision and creativity, and ability to perform to standard under tight deadlines.
- Ability to grasp and adhere to guidelines while still pushing innovation.
- Driven, focused, and professional.
- Thorough understanding of core illustration principles, perspective, layout, color and lighting.
- Experience and proficiency working with Photoshop and/or other modern digital 2D program.
- Must be able and willing to live/work in Bellevue, WA as well as eligible to work in the US.
DESIRED SKILLS AND PLUSES:
- 2+ years concept artist experience in a production environment and/or freelance.
- Experience with 3D software package a plus.
- Ability to work well serving a team and collaborating.
- Ability to take and implement direction.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.