The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Diego, California
This is a contracted assignment with our contractor Yoh Staffing.
PlayStation’s Visual Arts Group on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies!
We are looking for a Senior FX Artist to come aboard and help us build the highest quality game FX possible. Become a part of the Visual Arts Group, and work with a multi-award winning team responsible for the cinematic performances in outstanding Sony PlayStation franchises like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Killzone, and other iconic series.
- Content creation of visual FX across all areas of the game ranging from natural environmental FX, to FX to punctuate game action, to FX for characters and their interaction with elements in the game world.
- You will work with our VFX Supervisor to ensure a consistent style and quality level across all the various types of game FX assets.
- You will partner with our render engineers to develop new, or improve upon existing technologies for pushing the bar of game FX, both visually and technically.
- Document, communicate requirements, and provide feedback to internal artists and outsourcing partners.
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- 5+ years’ experience as a professional FX artist in AAA games and/or film.
- At least 1 shipped AAA title as a FX artist.
- Bachelor of art degree or equivalent industry experience and training
- Portfolio of realistic, high quality real-time FX work.
- Proficiency of standard art packages such as Maya and Photoshop.
- Good understanding of shader techniques as applied to visual effects.
- Working knowledge of dynamics and simulations packages.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Python scripting experience.
- C++ programming experience.
- Premiere/After Effects experience.
- Side-FX Houdini experience.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.