The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Irvine, CA
The artists at Firefall developer Red 5 Studios work in a creatively dynamic and open environment, where everyone is encouraged to stretch their creative muscles and truly take ownership of their projects. Our artists aren’t constrained by a specific title or role; and a single member of the team may be asked to tackle many challenges.
Utilizing the latest and greatest technologies to help us realize our goals, we’re on a mission to create a living, breathing world unlike any other for our players to explore.
- Lead the visual efforts in creating the future of persistent world gaming, the canvas is your imagination turning new ideas and approaches into innovative visual realities that jump off the screen creating unique value for in-game assets
- Strong cross discipline collaboration and communication. A demonstrable team leader working with designers, artist, programmers and other developers to create compelling visuals that astonish the team and have our players yearning for more
- Effectively establish and achieve project goals and milestones
- Maintain and enhance Firefall’s brand and high visual standards
- Habitually collaborate with art and design leads
- Regularly provide feedback while reviewing and approving art in the development cycle
- Continuously search for innovative visual styles and techniques to further enhance Firefall’s brand and global presence
- A determination to push the creative boundaries every day
- Experienced in maintaining quality control standards and visual polish for performance and optimization
- A solid understanding of 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and other industry standard software
- Experience in video game art production is crucial: taking a task from design to implementation and polish while collaborating with other developer departments
- Experience managing art pipelines at a AAA studio
- Experience as an art director or an art lead at a AAA studio
- Experience developing a distinctive and consistent visual style for a global product
- Experience launching a unique product to a global audience attracting millions of players
- Excellent problem solving and team building skills with demonstrable mentoring ability
- Passion for SciFi related art
- Experience working on an MMO or FPS
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.