The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Chicago, IL
Netherrealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for an exceptionally skilled artist to help create high quality environments and assets with a strong understanding of player space, composition, functionality, and performance optimization.
- Using industry standard 3D packages as well as proprietary team tools, to create art assets. These assets could include any skeletal models, along with weapons, props, custom materials and shaders for PFX, as well as constructing custom environments.
- Light spaces and characters using proprietary lighting tools based off approved concept art.
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established by the Art Director and Lead Artist is maintained by themselves and others.
- Review outsourced assets to ensure they fit the necessary requirements and are hitting the quality bar necessary.
- Participates in departmental meetings to share personal ideas and help define the look and feel of cinematic assets.
- At Least a 2-year 2D/3D art degree, architecture degree, or equivalent.
- BFA is preferred.
- Five or more years of art and design experience on previous video game development teams.
- Involved in production on at least 2 titles that have been previously released.
- Previous experience with a cinematic pipeline a plus, but not required.
- In-depth knowledge of lighting, value, composition, color and attention to detail in environmental design.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong interest in computer or video games.
- Must be proficient in one or more types of 3D software (Maya, 3D Studio Max, SoftImage). Maya is preferred, and a working knowledge of Maya is mandatory.
- Experience with optimized game modeling.
- Experience with high polygon sculpting in ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Strong 2D digital painting and/or drawing skills in Photoshop.
- Strong UV layout skills.
- Experience with modern real-time 3d engines is a plus, Unreal is preferred.
- Strong understanding and ability to construct material shaders ranging from simple to complex.
- Some rigging experience would be necessary.
- Familiar with a cinematics production pipeline.
- Additional art skills are preferred: fine arts skills, including drawing and painting; traditional sculpting; strong figure drawing skills that demonstrate a deep understanding of human anatomy and proportion, camera editing and/or cinematography background.
- Receptive to direction and perform well within a team environment.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Interested? Apply now.