The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Francisco, California
Shiny Shoe is seeking a multi-talented, self-motivated Rigger/Technical Artist to join our team as we embark on the development of a new original title!
Candidates should have a thorough understanding of industry rigging techniques and practices, be an adept problem solver, have a proactive and communicative personality, be self-managed, self-motivated, and enjoy learning new skills and technologies.
- Minimum 3 years production experience in games or film
- Proficient with industry rigging techniques and practices
- Familiarity with Unity character and animation tools
- Proficiency in Maya and Python scripting
- Create and maintain Maya to Unity character pipelines
- Create tools and scripts in Maya to streamline character pipelines
- Character, creature and prop rigging
- Collaborate with concept artists and modelers to avoid or solve technical issues while preserving the original vision of character designs
- Collaborate with animators to create the tools needed for smooth workflow
- Work in Unity to optimize character systems and solve character related technical issues
- Collaborate with programmers to build tools and streamline pipelines wherever possible
Nice To Haves
- Animation and modeling skills
- Experience programming in C# in Unity for tools, etc.
Founded in 2011, Shiny Shoe develops games for mobile, console, and PC platforms. We strive to work on creative projects and on the types of games the team finds compelling. Trying to do things no one else has tried before is what gets us out of bed in the morning.
Our latest title Monster Train was awarded PC Gamer’s “Best Card Game of 2020” and was nominated for Strategy Game of the Year at DICE.
We are located a block away from Union Square in San Francisco, CA. Our office is near BART, MUNI, bus lines, and Caltrain for easy access. We are open to part or full time remote as well. We have multiple full time remote team members currently.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.