The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Westwood, Massachusetts
The studio formally known as Irrational Games is looking for a Senior Environment Artist to work closely with our Creative Director and Lead Environment Artist. In this role, you will be helping to craft and create our worlds. You will need to combine a strong aesthetic sense in creating visually interesting spaces with a solid understanding of how gameplay is affected.
- Layout and light final levels in Unreal.
- Tell deep and meaningful stories within the environment.
- Work with Art Team to ensure artistic unity with the entire project.
- Work with the Design Team and the Lead Environment Artist to make gameplay and Levels function harmoniously.
- Collaborate in the planning of project environments.
- Sketch/Model/Concept ideas for 3D environments.
- Excel at consistent aesthetic and technical quality in all environments.
- Prototype rough level layouts quickly and efficiently.
- Level Streaming setup and implementation.
- Optimize Levels for performance and memory.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years’ experience in the game industry with at least 3 shipped AAA titles.
- Possess a wealth of experience in modular level construction and lighting/atmosphere.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience, including terrain/landscape editing.
- Advanced 3D skills using 3DS Max (modeling)
- Highly proficient using Adobe Photoshop. (texturing)
- Advanced understanding of Physically Based Shading materials and lighting.
- Able to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process.
- Quickly learn and adapt to art and production pipelines.
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems.
- Must be eligible to work in the US and willing to relocate to Boston.
- Experience in First Person Shooters and semi-open (e.g. Borderlands/Shadows of Mordor) or open world game.
- Strong foundational skills including composition, design, and color theory.
- Self-motivated, ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Passion for narrative First Person Shooters a plus.
- Understanding of source control via Perforce or equivalent.
- Quxiel or Substance Designer skills a plus.
- Traditional art skills (figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc.) a plus.
- Understanding of procedural art systems in games.
- Experience working with outsourcing a plus.
- Architectural knowledge.
When applying for this position:
- Before applying for this position please watch the following GDC talk given by Ken Levine: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1020434/Narrative
- Strong portfolio showcasing your most recent work, must be submitted with resume.
Interested? Apply now!
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.