The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Senior VFX Artist, Glu Mobile
Location: San Mateo, CA
Glu Mobile (NASDAQ: GLUU), a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices, is seeking a Senior VFX Artist to join our action game studio located in San Mateo, CA.
The Senior VFX Artist will collaborate closely with the Art Director to define the vision and produce mind blowing in-game visual effects including VFX art and animation for a new game world.
- Create high quality VFX art and animation on par with top 3D mobile games
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to create beautiful assets without sacrificing performance
- Assist in planning the asset production schedule, VFX pipeline and workflow
- Contribute to the creative process through original ideas and inspiration
- Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other artists
- Communicate closely with art, production and design to execute on the vision
- Manage external teams for additional VFX work to establish consistency
- Deliver against budget, time, quality, and technical constraints
- Help document and drive continual improvements to our art standards, practices, and tools
- 3+ years of game development experience as a VFX artist specializing in VFX art and animation using Maya, After Effects (or other compositing software), and Unity
- Experience creating high quality VFX art and animation for character, environment, and props
- Deep knowledge of 3D particle systems (Maya and Unity) and 2D particle systems to support them in After Effects or other 2D animation software
- Experience integrating and implementing VFX animations from Maya into Unity/Mecanim is a major plus
- Experience creating VFX shaders in Unity, including animated UVs, transparency and advanced materials and shaders for a wide range of effects
- Understanding of optimization and technical constraints on VFX creation
- Knowledge of the pre-production process for high end 3D game development
- Able to deliver constructive feedback, accept criticism, perform and adapt quickly in a creative, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Experience with rendered game cinematics VFX is a plus
- Experience with the creation of VFX related tools is a plus
- Prior history developing applications for smartphones and tablets (iOS and/or Android) is a plus
- Experience working as a Tech Artist is a plus
- Must have a passion for games and game art
- A demo reel with examples of VFX animation is required with your application.
- Creative, knowledgeable and supportive co-workers who are passionate about games
- High level of empowerment
- Healthy work/life balance
- New office space with snacks, beverages, dedicated gaming area
- Opportunity to be a primary contributor on a high profile game release
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.