The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: London, Ontario
Based in London, Ontario, Canada, Digital Extremes proudly ranks as one of the world’s top independent game development studios. With a development history spanning two decades, Digital Extremes has brought some of gaming’s most recognizable titles to players worldwide.
Digital Extremes prides itself on providing a warm, inviting, creative work environment for its team and has recently been named as one of 'Canada's Top 100 Employers'. Competitive salaries, profit sharing, stock options, retirement matching, ample vacation and free daily homemade lunches are just a few of the many perks our employees enjoy.
But all these perks aren't worth much if you're not working on exciting ambitious projects that get your creative juices flowing and that's where DE shines. So, join us in London, Ontario, the family-friendly Forest City and land of impressively affordable living to be a part of a passionate, devoted team of developing ninjas.
- Utilize traditional art training and knowledge of 3D art, design and computer graphics software to build efficient, high quality special effects, keeping in mind technical specifications relating to memory usage and gameplay speed.
- Keep up-to-date with contemporary effects techniques and research new effects technologies and solutions
- Cooperate closely with art, design, audio and development department to deliver first class visual effects that exceed the state of the art.
- Work under the creative guidance of the Art Director.
- Deliver work on time and according to schedule as prepared by the Art Director.
- Actively participate in the feedback loop including accepting feedback from and providing feedback within the art and level design team as required, staying current on the scope and understanding of the project.
- Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and follow through on details.
- Previous experience creating high quality VFX for film or console games
- Excellent understanding of what makes special effects work - particle systems, postprocessing effects and shaders (specular and normal maps).
- Understanding of game engines, tools, pipelines and development processes.
- Working knowledge of a commercial 3D package.
- Good communication skills across multiple disciplines; ability to follow direction and to collaborate successfully with others.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, to meet deadlines and to excel under production conditions.
- Strong work ethic, self-direction and artistic vision, dedicated work ethic.
- Have a genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games.
- Working experience with Maya, AfterEffects, Photoshop, and the Evolution Engine
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.