The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Irvine, CA
The Hearthstone team is looking for a visual effects (VFX) production artist. The focus for this position will be working closely with the art director and designers to bring the team’s artistic vision to life.
Responsibilities include creating evocative visual effects in the fun / whimsical style that is synonymous with Hearthstone, developing these same effects from concept to implementation, and working to maintain a consistent aesthetic across all of the effects in the game.
The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of color, animation, storyboard, visual design, and able to convey all of these in their visual effects.
- Experience with creating consistently charming, eye-catching, real-time effects (FX) using Photoshop, Maya, and in-game FX systems
- Skilled in developing effects that work across a wide range of system configurations (looks great on the newest graphics chips but still holds up on a variety of mobile devices)
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color, details, and the ability to use them in creating beautiful visual effects that support gameplay
- Experience creating real-time, in-game VFX for a variety of platforms from desktop to mobile
- Self-motivation, excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team
- Positive attitude and able to receive and provide objective feedback
- A passion for games
- Familiar with the Unity game engine
- Passion for creating charming and lighthearted imagery synonymous with Hearthstone
- Previous game production experience
SUBMISSION / PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so