The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Miami, FL
We're growing fast and need your help to build a superstar team. Shiver is focused on building immersive gaming experiences for mobile, tablet and pc - the devices we all use every day. Our CEO is John Schappert, former COO of EA & Zynga, and former head of Xbox at Microsoft. John heads up a veteran team with a deep belief in bringing AAA game quality to the free to play market.
Towards this goal, we've partnered with Nexon, the world leader in free-to-play, as part of a strategic, multi-year, multi-product alliance and investment. Great culture with many perks & benefits, including equity and profit sharing. A rare opportunity to make a big impact at a startup with huge potential, while also offering stability for years to come.
As Art Director you will be responsible for the quality of multiple titles and oversee all aspects of art production. You will work closely with the Production and Engineering teams to develop and execute concepts and ideas. You will be responsible for for helping the artists to visualize the art style, understand color themes, and maintain quality standards. You and the team of Artists you lead will provide a cohesive style throughout the possibly varying level designs within the game.
As a hands-on Art Director you will
- Set the art direction for the project and provide concepts to the artists - communicating the art style, provide ongoing assessment of quality standards, and providing documentation of art process.
- Establish guidelines for the production of art to successfully maintain the art style throughout the project.
- Provide concepts including character sketches, storyboards and level concepts. You will gather reference material relevant to subject matter from the early pre-production phase and throughout the project life cycle as needed to communicate the art direction.
- Research industry trends and analyze successful art direction in competitive products to help provide benchmarks for improving art quality on assigned project.
- Provide 2D artwork and textures for assigned project and find ways to increase productivity in art asset creation.
- Develop concepts, iterate, and produce assets for key titles.
- Help generate new game ideas and determine the look and feel for new title pitches and production.
- Proactively identify project risks - both art and tech art related - setting priorities and developing solutions that deliver quality results within time and budget constraints.
- 10+ years of professional game development experience.
- Have shipped AAA Console, PC or Online, Mobile or Tablet projects as an Art Lead or Art Director.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work effectively with others.
- Experience managing a team of artists.
- Outstanding illustration skills and the ability to produce work in a variety of styles
- Proven experience with Photoshop, 3D Studio Max/Maya.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here