The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
Our ideal candidate is an artist who is a highly creative, multi-talented person who wants to be a part of a close-knit development team. This artist will create a wide variety of 3D game content using Maya and Unreal Engine 4. This person must thrive on working together with a small team which employs a rapid iteration methodology.
Every member of our team is involved in all aspects of our project’s creation. We believe that a small, focused, and dedicated team of talented people can create exceptional games.
- Create high quality 3D assets that adhere to the art direction and style established for the project, within memory and framerate budgets.
- Work with art director, department leads, concept artists, designers to plan, layout, prototype, and implement the visual designs created for the game.
- Able to work independently or in small groups to troubleshoot and provide solutions to production issues related to asset creation and world building.
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to create and implement assets within an established pipeline.
- 5 + years experience in the game industry with at least two shipped titles.
- Advanced 3D skills using Maya, 3DS Max, or XSI. Experience using 3DS Max is a plus.
- Highly proficient using Adobe Photoshop to create original textures.
- ZBrush or Mudbox experience.
- Unreal Engine experience, including terrain editing.
- Well-versed in real-time physically based shader techniques using 3D software or proprietary level editing tools.
- Quickly learn and adapt to art and production pipelines.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated individual with a willingness to continue learning.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your most recent work.
- Traditional art skills (figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc.).
- Experience working with outsourcing.
- Additional experience using Unreal Engine 3.0 or 4.0.
- Architectural or animation experience is a plus.