The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Burbank, California
Insomniac Games is looking for a Lighting Artist responsible for lighting game levels using proprietary lighting tools. They'll also render physically based lighting data and design the lighting for cinematic sequences using real time lighting tools to good quality. Lighting Artists design the lighting for both static and dynamic objects for game levels, missions, and cinematics to a good level of polish. They can expect to prepare game levels and sequences for demos and trailers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Lights game levels, cinematic sequences, and trailers to a standard quality
- Sets up scene lights to match color keys and concept art, with a good understanding of lighting aesthetics
- Troubleshoots medium to large scale scene files and rendering issues
- Optimizes lighting data for memory and framerate
- Diagnoses, fixes bugs and verify the fixes for bugs
- Ability to create lighting sequences through visual scripting
- Creates and maintains probes for image-based lighting and reflections
- Creates and maintains post FX (fog, color correction, etc.)
- Works with lighting leads, principal and senior lighters to contribute to the lighting style of project
- Works closely with artists to make sure assets are properly set up for lighting
- Works closely with designers to ensure that the correct areas are emphasized for gameplay with a clear player path
- Stays informed about new developments in rendering, particularly with regard to realistic lighting and surfaces
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please note - this role is a project hire and we anticipate it running, at least, through September 2020.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.