The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Santa Monica, California
thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching, and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower, and flOw. Our most recent game, Sky, is our most complex undertaking to date. It is a social network built around the values inherited from a powerful humanistic story. It is a live experience constantly changing operating a global online theme park.
That’s why we’re looking for an exceptional gameplay engineer to join our live team to help craft the most advanced social game on earth. Elements that can help us meet the demands of this complex product, while presenting an interface to the user which exemplifies the elegance that TGC is known for."
- Work with the Gameplay team to engineer features such as:
- Limited time events (seasons) with unique and fun gameplay
- Quests and other daily activities that drive user retention
- Social experiences that make every moment better with others
- Design, write, debug and refine gameplay systems and features
- Iterate quickly in response to testing feedback and iterations
- Provide technical insight and ideas regarding game design
- Work closely with designers and back-end engineers on both realtime and asynchronous features
- 3-5+ years of relevant programming experience in the game industry
- Excellent 3D Vector Math Skills
- Knowledge and usage of a 3D art tool such as Maya
- Experience building gameplay systems / building blocks for designers to author content
- Careful attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to understand and solve problems presented by the team
- Responds well to feedback, criticism and iterative design and/or continual improvement of our technology and games
- Be fluent in C, C++ or C# and object-oriented programming
- Have experience with scripting languages and multiple data formats (LUA, JSON etc)
Nice to haves:
- Python programming
- Backend languages such as Go, Erlang and/or PL/SQL
- Systems managing persistent account data
- Synchronous multiplayer features
- Live service multiplayer online games
- Mobile games
Last but not the least, loves thatgamecompany games, believes in our mission and vision! We look forward to meeting you!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.