Los Angeles-based developers, you have until midnight today to register. We're limited to 250 guests, max. Come witness the rebirth -- and redemption -- of Hollywood and Games.
Thursday, June 10, 2010 from 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM (PT)
The Walt Disney Studios
500 Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521
IGDA-Los Angeles invites you to join the local game development community on the second Thursday of each month to explore current industry topics, connect with professional peers, and foster the advancement of the game industry.
Panel Topic for June:
Hollywood & Games: The Return
Join film and game development elites for a night to remember! An expert panel will discuss Hollywood and games, past and present – along with a quick peek into the future. Games have enhanced Hollywood storylines, character development, and dramatic elements through player interaction, immersion . . . and achievement points. This is your chance to hear industry luminaries discuss the biggest and loudest marriage of them all – in the comfort of yet another IGDA-LA monthly meeting!
Topics covered include:
- Evolution of film-based games as products in their own right rather than ancillary marketing materials
- Simultaneous production of games and films, creating an interrelated development cycle
- Games as an enhancement of associated films rather than merely retelling the pre-existing storylines
- Rise of new game modes allowing players to create their own adventures based on their favorite films
Danny Bilson - Executive Vice President, Core Games - THQ, Inc. (James Bond, Harry Potter franchises; Consulting Producer, The Sims; Screenwriter, The Rocketeer and Trancers feature films)
John Blackburn - Vice President & General Manager, Avalanche Software - Disney Interactive (Toy Story 3, Bolt, Meet the Robinsons, Chicken Little)
Ed Del Castillo - President & Co-Founder, Liquid Entertainment (Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring, Star Wars: Empire at War, Spider-Man: The Movie)
Warren Spector - Vice-President & Creative Director, Disney-Junction Point Studios (System Shock, Deus Ex, Frequency, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Project: Snowblind, Epic Mickey)
John Vignocchi - Development Director, Disney Interactive (Pirates of the Caribbean, Tron)
Save your appetite! Appetizers, dinner, and dessert will be served - compliments of Disney Interactive!
Parking & Main Theatre Access:
- Enter the studio lot from Buena Vista Gate [exit off 101 Fwy on Buena Vista]
- Give your name to the Buena Vista Security Guard Gate, who will direct you to the parking area and theatre. NOTE: You will not be allowed onto the studio lot unless you RSVP to this invitation prior to 6pm on Tuesday, June 8th. The guard will have all names on a list.
- After parking, walk to the Main Theatre [corner of Dopey Drive/Mickey Avenue, across from the Old Animation Building]
* Admission is free, but all guests must register to ensure that their names appear on the studio lot list. If you would like to invite others, please send them the following link: http://igdala-june2010.eventbrite.com/
We hope to see you there!