Tokyo, Japan - 26th November – Marvelous Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce that the iGi indie Game incubator will be open for the 2nd round of applications from 26th November Friday 15:00 (JST) / 06:00 (GMT).
Marvelous will continue to provide mentoring by Japanese and international experts to entrants, which proved a very popular feature in the first round of applications. In addition, Marvelous will provide support to indie game developers in the various categories described below, by providing financial assistance to the teams that need development funding.
Categories for applicants:
● Those who plan to self-publish on PC (Steam) or other platform; ● Those who are interested in receiving financial support for the development of a highly complete prototype to attract publishers and investors;
● Those who would like to participate in the live distribution of the game;
● Those who do not correspond to any of the above.
● To be eligible, participants must be 18 years or older, Japanese speakers and residents in Japan. ● Entrants must be able to present a playable portion of the game or a demo. (game builds in pre-production phase will be disqualified)
● Participants must not have an existing contract with a publisher. (pending contracts will be accepted)
● Entrants must be willing to participate in weekly online sessions totaling at around 4 hours.
● No English proficiency required. (a training program for presenting in English will be available)
● Entrants must be able to participate in mentoring and training sessions for a period of 6 months.
The 5 selected teams and titles in 1st round: (in alphabetical order)
■ RexLabo Antarctic Base, a survival exploration action game taking place on Antarctica a few hundred years from now where a young child is the main character. Craft items to use and reach goals within the given time limit on each map. There will be 12 maps in total and the final goal is to reach the Southern Pole.
■ SUPER STARMINE Necromance-chan, 3D omnidirectional shooter in which players take on the role of the prettiest magical girl in the world. Make full use of ‘bullet grazing’ to perform flashy and exhilarating ‘skills’ and unveil the truth behind the legend of the witch sleeping in the deepwoods.
■ Neotro Inc. NeverAwake, nightmare themed twin-stick shooter. Dive deep into a coma-ridden girl’s dreams where you as the player fend off monsters to unravel her dark past.
■ nao games
Ninja or Die, fly around the stage all while defeating enemies in this ninja themed rogue-like action.
■ RetroGradeGames Relash. Cooperate with your past self in a world where time runs backwards. In this Sci-Fi world, fallen boxes rise up to their original position and broken windows can be restored to their original state. You need a completely new mindset to clear these puzzles. Cooperate with your past self and traverse through this inverted time continuum.
[About Marvelous] Multi-entertainment company delivering “Wonder” and “Excitement” to the world through games, audio & visual and live entertainment.
iGi indie Game incubator is the first incubation program for indie developers and games based in Japan.
■ Program name: indie Game incubator (abbreviation: iGi)
■ Period: 6 months from June to November 2021
■ Organizer: Marvelous Co., Ltd.
■ Program cooperation: GameBCN (Barcelona, Spain)
■ Program management cooperation: HEAD-HIGH Co., Ltd., LUDiMUS Co., Ltd.
■ Official site: https://igi.dev/
iGi indie Game incubator Management Office [email protected]
About Marvelous Europe
Founded in April 2012, Marvelous Europe is the European based publishing operation of Marvelous Inc., overseeing operations for all European territories as well as South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East. Marvelous Europe has been responsible for publishing games across various platforms, including mobile, handheld, consoles and PC. Marvelous Europe is a 100% wholly-owned subsidiary of Tokyo-based Marvelous Inc., a publicly traded company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
For more information about Marvelous Europe products, please visit www.marvelousgames.com. We can also be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/marvelousgames and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/marvelous_games