Howdy! Our cute & creepy adventure game Beacon Pines is being included as part of The Big Adventure Event on Steam this week! TheBAE is a digital celebration and showcase of indie adventure games, presented by our friends over at Hitcents. Last year the event welcomed over 300,000 fans to a showcase of 80+ games. Now it’s back and bigger than before, with more games, more demos, more fans, and community events for everyone! It all kicks off this Thursday, January 20th, and we'd love for Beacon Pines to be a part of your Big Adventure experience.
About Beacon Pines
Beacon Pines is an adventure game set in a magical storybook. In it you play as both the book's reader and its main character, a young boy probing mysterious events in his hometown. Along the way you'll find charms inscribed with new words that let you rewrite past events, leading to entire new sequences of events to explore with Luka and his friends. Check this game out today - It’s like “Winnie-the-Pooh” meets “Stranger Things”.
- No combat - gameplay focuses on exploration, deep character-driven dialogue, and light puzzle-solving
- Explore a hand-illustrated town full of charming characters - and unsettling secrets
- Change past events by turning back the storybook, uncovering new branches
- Discover new words and use them to write (and rewrite) the game’s story
- Made by a small team of three developers
- Coming to PC and Nintendo Switch in 2022
If by chance you decide to create content around Beacon Pines, please let me know - we'd love to promote it to our community!