Madrid, Spain, 15 November 2021 - Indie studio Retro Forge Games, working in partnership with publisher Dear Villagers (The Forgotten City, ScourgeBringer) revealed a brand new commented gameplay for their upcoming debut ‘Souldiers’ at this weekend's MIX Next event, showcasing the exploration and action players can look forward to in the grand retro adventure. ‘Souldiers’ is slated to release on Switch and PC via Steam in Spring 2022.
Souldiers wraps metroidvania exploration, crunchy soulslike and precision platforming into one gorgeous pixelart package. Players take on the role of either scout, caster or archer, battling for freedom in Terragaya, a mystical land on the border between life and death.
‘Seeing fans get excited about the game already is extremely encouraging,’ said Alberto Hernández, creative director at Retro Forge. ‘We’re still a long way from launch, but I’m already excited for people to play the full game and discover everything Terragaya has to offer!’
Outwit cunning enemies, solve nefarious puzzles, upgrade your character, and explore every corner of a dazzling, intricate 16-bit world. Souldiers is a handcrafted retro epic for the ages.
- Choose your class: Unleash the fury of your sword with the scout, summon the wrath of elements with the caster, or rain down arrows on your foes with the archer.
- Gripping combat: Slash, parry and dodge your way through an ever evolving roster of enemies, upgrading your skills and equipment to find a combat style that’s perfect for you.
- An interconnected world: Discover a sprawling handcrafted landscape filled with treasures, tough-as-nails bosses and secret pathways.
- 16-bit sensation: Terragaya comes to life with vibrant world-class pixel art packed to the brim with details.
- Smart moves: Solve environmental puzzles and leap from place to place using an ever-expanding moveset.
About Retro Forge Games
Based in Madrid, Retro Forge Games is a six-person team of veteran game makers from across the industry. Their debut title Souldiers is due for release in Spring 2022.
About Dear Villagers
Dear Villagers is a publishing label of Plug In Digital. It’s a place where talented studios can unleash their creativity and focus on bringing unique single-player experiences to players on PC and console, experiences that will stay with them long after the credits roll. Dear Villager’s line-up includes the award-winning The Forgotten City, The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk, ScourgeBringer and Edge Of Eternity.