Shores of Taishi adds a bounty of new content to the mysterious lands of Curious Expedition 2. A new island type, Celestial Shores, comes with a completely new set of tiles, a new game mechanic related to teleporting between islets and the new Peacock Tribe. Shores of Taishi will allow players to recruit six new characters to their party, including Red Panda, Tanuki, Ghost Catcher and Warrior Peacock. That’s not all: with six new enemy types, four new locations, six new pieces of equipment, seven new Sanity Items, seven new Trophies and four new levels to unlock, there’s plenty of new content to get stuck into.
Take on the role of an intrepid explorer, assemble your crew and head out into the unknown. On your expeditions you’ll come across all manner of cultures, flora, fauna, treasures and more, ranging from the worldly to the altogether more… curious! Using a combination of hand-crafted and procedural gameplay and story elements, Curious Expedition 2 creates completely unique and epic adventures every time you play.
Shores of Taishi follows the release of the Highlands of Avalon DLC, adding its own set of tiles, a new mechanic for traversing hills and valleys, a new tribe, recruitable characters, equipment and more. WIth this latest release, Curious Expeditions 2 will be bigger and more varied than ever before, offering constant surprises and new adventures every time you play.
Full feature list:
- New island type: Celestial Shores, with a completely new set of tiles, a new game mechanic related to teleporting between islets and the new Peacock Tribe
- 6 new recruitable characters: Red Panda, Tanuki, Ghost Catcher, Warrior Peacock, Shaman Peacock, Scout Peacock
- 6 new enemies: Ushi Oni, Dangkang, Spectral Tiger, Spectral Snake, Tanuki Enforcer, Tanuki Motivator
- 4 new locations: Animal Shelter, Bath House, Wild Tanukis, Rite of Passage
- 6 new pieces of equipment: Bo Staff, Guandao, Jian, Bamboo Hatchet, Geta Sandals, Bagua Mirror
- 7 new sanity items: Zongzi, Sake, Lo Mai Chi, Chinese Tea, Go Board, Peach, Bamboo Flute
- 7 new trophies: Tanuki Testicles, Dangkang Tusk, Ushi-Oni Leg, Red Panda Fur, Phoenix Ashes, Spectral Tiger Pelt, Giant Spectral Snake Skin
- 4 new levels to unlock at the Taishi Academy Explorer Club in Paris, giving access to 1 Recruitable character and 3 pieces of Equipment
Thunderful Group is a group of companies that develops, publishes and invests in games as well as distributes Nintendo products, games, game accessories and toys. Founded in 2017 Thunderful Games is one of the two business segments in Thunderful Group, the other being Thunderful Distribution. Over the last few years Thunderful Games has, organically and via acquisitions, grown into a global organization with eight development studios and over 300 employees. Besides the award-winning internal development pipeline, Thunderful Games also publishes a large number of third-party titles and invests in external game projects.
Maschinen-Mensch is a Berlin-based studio founded in 2014 by Riad Djemili and Johannes Kristmann, combining 15 years of experience in professional AAA game productions. Among other projects, they worked on the multi-award winning game “Spec Ops: The Line” by YAGER Development. Maschinen-Mensch’s debut title Curious Expedition was first released in 2015 and has sold more than 300.000 copies across all platforms.
Plan of Attack on behalf of Thunderful
Bethany Wright (EU & Oceania)
Kyle Muensterman (Americas)