Bungie's Halo: Reach
saw strong sales in its opening week, selling enough units to take the record for the fifth biggest launch ever in the UK, tracking firm Chat-Track announced Monday.
improved upon Halo 3
's launch week by 20,000 units, and beat Halo 3: ODST
's launch week by 200,000 units.
Coinciding with the release of the PlayStation Move hardware, Sony's Sports Champions
took the number two spot, and is the only PlayStation Move-only title to break the top 10 for the week ended September 18.
Other PlayStation Move titles in the top 40 include Sony's Start the Party!
at number 29 and Ubisoft's Racket Sports
at number 32.
The PlayStation 3 version of EA Sport's Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
, which includes Move support, saw a bump in sales this week, helping push the multiplatform title from number 17 to number nine.
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. Halo: Reach (Microsoft)
2. Sports Champions (Sony)
3. Mafia II (Take-Two)
4. Toy Story 3 (Disney Interactive)
5. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Ubisoft)
6. Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2(Ubisoft)
7. Kayne & Lynch 2: Dog Days (Square Enix)
8. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
9. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (EA Sports)
10. Red Dead Redemption (Take-Two)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
Platform exclusives Halo: Reach
and Sports Champions
took the top spots on the individual platforms chart, and several Nintendo published titles, including New Super Mario Bros.
, Wii Fit Plus
, and Wii Sports Resort
, made their way back into the top 10.
1. Halo: Reach (Microsoft, Xbox 360)
2. Sports Champions (Sony, PS3)
3. Mafia II (Take-Two, PS3)
4. Just Dance (Ubisoft, Wii)
5. Mafia II (Take-Two, Xbox 360)
6. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo, Wii)
7. Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Ubisoft, PS3)
8. New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo, DS)
9. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii)
10. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii)